Thursday, October 28, 2010

Michael Altshuler-"You are the Pilot!"

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot."

I like this quote but I do have a little issue with it if you are looking at it from a Biblical point of view. I understand that what Michael Altshuler is saying that you pretty much have control of your own destiny. Ah ha...but really, not....

Consider the How the  following verses affect the fact that you will have bad news...and bad times-
Joshua 1:5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Jeremiah 33:3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

I heard the other day that if God is your co pilot you should change positions! God is the pilot of your life and my life! Allow him to be in control. Take strenght from the verses above. He has not changed nor will he. He began a good work, he is not done yet. Just call to him, he has not left you alone!

Then, if you're totally relying on God, then as co pilot, don't stay in the bad situation. Fly out of it and get on with what God wants you to accomplish in this life!

Last but not least, as we travel through this life, whether we are in a good time or bad, remember this verse: Galatians 6:9-10 "Let us not become tired of doing good. At the right time we will gather a crop if we don't give up. So when we can do good to everyone, let us do it. Let us make a special point of doing good to those who belong to the family of believers."

No comments:

Post a Comment