Saturday, October 9, 2010

JUMP ROPE

Jump Rope

Psalm 28:7
The Lord gives me strength. He is like a shield that keeps me safe. My heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart jumps for joy. I will sing and give thanks to him.


Picture this…the weather is perfect, not too hot, and not too cold. Sun is shining. Two of your friends are over and you are sitting in the driveway thinking about something to do. You go to the garage and find a jump rope. In an instant you and your friends are twirling the rope and jumping reciting-

“Down in the valley where the green grass grows,
There sat Sally sweet as a rose.
She sang, she sang, she sang so sweet,
Along came Johnny and kissed her on the cheek,
How many kisses did she get this week?”

1…2…3…4…5…6…and you miss, and laugh! You switch places and your friend now jumps to the same rhyme, as you begin to twirl the rope. It is a good time for exercise, laughing and becoming friends.

The Bible tells us that God enjoys being with us. He loves when we are spending time with Him. He knows every hair on our head and He wants us to be joyful.  

Read today’s verse again and remember today that God loves you. The Lord gives me strength. He is like a shield that keeps me safe. My heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart jumps for joy. I will sing and give thanks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment