Sunday, October 10, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football?


Just in case you get a little more attached and emotional about “your team”. Whether they win or lose, in the grand scheme of things, is irrelevant. It is only our walk with God that will continue to influence our lives for the rest of the week. These times we are living in seem to be especially hard. People around us are hurting. Struggles in all areas are defeating so many.  But, take heart! We know the one who has overcome!

Let me encourage you today with this-we are currently playing the game but the score isn’t even close. We have already won. Meditate on these words and celebrate your victory!

Psalm 44:5-7 

 5 Through you we push back our enemies;
       through your name we trample our foes.
 6 I do not trust in my bow,
       my sword does not bring me victory;
 7 but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame.

 

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 5:5
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Revelation 1:8   "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," says the Lord God. "I am the One who is, and who was, and who will come. I am the Mighty One."

Revelation 1:9  I, John, am a believer like you. I am a friend who suffers like you. As members of Jesus' royal family, we can put up with anything that happens to us.

Today, once again I am rooting for the Browns! Sorry Atlanta friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment