Sunday, November 7, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Football? 4

Give, and it will be given to you. A good amount will be poured into your lap. It will be pressed down, shaken together, and running over. The same amount you give will be measured out to you. Luke 6:38

Leo Lewis graduated from the University of Missouri where he played as a wide receiver. After trying out with the St. Louis Cardinals and playing a year in the Canadian Foodball League, he joined the Minnesota Vikings in 1981.

Leo gives all the credit for his ability and talent for playing football to God. Leo says, "When I play football, I play for God. Imagine if your father came to watch you play. You'd want to play your very best and make hi happy. I know, that at every game, my heavenly Father is watching me play. Nothing motivates me more than to please Him by giving my best effort. God not only motivates me to do my best, he also picks me up when I fall short. He's there with me whether I win or lose.. Playing in the NFL, your team can be up one week and down the next. What a joy it is to know that whether our team wins or loses, God, along with my wife and children, will accept me and love me just as I am."

God cares for you just as much as he cares for Leo. he has given you abilities and talents to magnify Him. Will you use them for His glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment