Thursday, November 4, 2010

Learn How to Dance in the Rain!

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown



Joseph is our example for the quote above. Joseph was faced with many situations where he could have waited and stewed and got upset with the world. I think because we know the end of the story we forget that while Joseph was going through all of the situations he did not know what was coming up! Imagine if he did know that once he was out of one trial, right around the corner as he was doing what whe was supposed to do, there would be another trail. He could have complained about his brothers, his boss, his people and on and on. We never see that in his trials he complains or blames. Could you see him in the middle of the desert walking with a group of foreigners as the clouds roll in and begin to open up with a rainstorm. He is hot, dirty, with a bunch of strangers and what does he do? He dances, dances in the rain! (that is my imagination, no proof of that in the Bible. But if there was a rainstorm I bet Joseph made the best of it!)

Read the end of the story below. Joseph not only was mistreated by many, he showed genuine love.for his brothers who mistreated him. He Had forgiveness in his heart and was filled with joy to see them again. It is a refreshing passage. Enjoy!

Genesis 45:5-15


5 But don't be upset. And don't be angry with yourselves because you sold me here. God sent me ahead of you to save many lives.
 6 "For two years now, there hasn't been enough food in the land. And for the next five years, people won't be plowing or gathering crops. 7 But God sent me ahead of you to keep some of you alive on earth. He sent me here to save your lives by an act of mighty power.
 8 "So then, it wasn't you who sent me here. It was God. He made me like a father to Pharaoh. He made me master of Pharaoh's whole house. He made me ruler of the whole land of Egypt.
 9 "Now hurry back to my father. Say to him, 'Your son Joseph says, "God has made me master of the whole land of Egypt. Come down to me. Don't waste any time. 10 You will live in the area of Goshen. You, your children and grandchildren, your flocks and herds, and everything you have will be near me. 11 There I will provide everything you need.
   " ' "Five years without enough food are still coming. If you don't come down here, you and your family and everyone who belongs to you will lose everything." '
 12 "Brothers, you can see for yourselves that it's really I, Joseph, speaking to you. My brother Benjamin can see it too.
 13 "Tell my father about all of the honor that has been given to me in Egypt. Tell him about everything you have seen. And bring my father down here quickly."
 14 Then Joseph threw his arms around his brother Benjamin and sobbed. Benjamin also hugged him and sobbed. 15 Joseph kissed all of his brothers and sobbed over them. After that, his brothers talked with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment